Indonesia has many traditional stamina-boosting drinks which are familiarly known as jamu. Various herbs in Indonesia are made from a mixture of spices that are boiled and served warm.
One of the most commonly consumed and well-known herbs is Temulawak. Temulawak, Curcuma zanthorrhiza or also known as Javanese ginger or Javanese turmeric is an herbal plant that at first glance looks similar to turmeric but has a paler yellow colour than turmeric.
The main content of temulawak rhizome is protein, carbohydrates and essential oils consisting of camphor, glucoside, turmerol and curcumin. The content of curcumin is good for anti-inflammatory and anti-hepototic.
Health Benefits of Temulawak
- Overcoming digestive system problems
- Overcoming osteoarthritis
- Prevent and help treat cancer
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Antibacterial and antifungal
- Acne medication
- Maintain liver health
- Diuretic drugs
- Increase appetite
How To Make Temulawak Tea
There are various versions of temulawak herbal medicine, this version is suitable for those of you who want to increase stamina with not too many ingredients. With just the addition of cinnamon and Tuan Kelapa’s palm sugar, your temulawak jamu will be ready in just a few minutes.
- 1-2 teaspoons of temulawak powder or fresh sliced temulawak
- 800 ml of water
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons of Tuan Kelapa’s palm sugar
How to make
– Bring the water into a boil
– Add two tablespoons of temulawak, stir briefly and bring to a boil over low heat.
– Turn off the heat, add a pinch of cinnamon powder, stir again.
– Strain the temulawak tea into a drinking bowl, leave it at room temperature for up to five minutes.
– Ready to be served with Tuan Kelapa’s palm sugar for a more delicious taste