You probably familiar with cupcakes, but have you ever tried Indonesian Cupcakes which is also well known as Roti kukus. Unlike the American Styled Cupcakes which is baked, Indonesian Cupckaes is steamed which is why it is called Roti Kukus, which mean “Steamed Bun”, Roti = Bun and Kukus = Steam.
Steamed bun is made from low protein flour fermented and cooked by steaming. Generally steamed buns has a soft, elastic and finely textured crumb . Steamed buns or commonly called steamed cakes are indeed very famous for their blooming shape, delicious taste and soft texture.
Here is How To Make Palm Sugar Cupcakes that is worth to try for its delicious taste and soft texture.
– 125 gr brown sugar, finely sliced
– 125 cc of water
– 125 gr flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp cinnamon powder
– 50 ml of oil
How to make:
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, let warm, strain.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon powder.
- Enter the sugar water into the flour mixture, mix well with a whisk.
- Add baking soda, mix well. Lastly add oil, mix well.
- Pour into the cup until full.
- Steam for about 20 minutes over high heat. Don’t open before 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve.