Do you like dates? Do you like cake? How about blending the two into a delicious date cake? The softness of the cake with the aroma of baked palm sugar and the sweet chewy pieces of dates, will be a delicious snack to enjoy with a cup of tea in your afternoon. Let’s Make Palm Sugar and Date Sponge Cake!
– 4 eggs
– 150 gr Tuan Kelapa’s Palm sugar, finely sliced
– 1 tsp cake emulsifier
– 150 gr flour
– 100 gr margarine, melt
– 100 grams of dates
How to make:
- Prepare a baking sheet, grease with margarine and sprinkle with flour lightly.
- Remove the date seeds, cut the dates into small pieces and coat with flour.
- Mix the eggs, cake emulsifier and palm sugar at high speed, until the dough is white and thick.
- Lower the mixer speed to low, add in the sifted flour. Mix until smooth
- Add melted margarine, mix briefly on low speed.
- add in the dates that have been smeared with flour, stir back with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven at 180c for 60 minutes.
- get the cake out of the oven and ready to serve.