Hello there! We all know that 2021 is still a year that is highly recommended to stay at home due to the pandemic all around the world. To get rid of boredom, there are various ways to do, one of them is baking. Not just more efficient, you also don’t need to leave the house to enjoy homemade cakes, right?
One of the cake that can be a reference for your to try is palm sugar steamed sponge cake. In addition to providing a distinctive natural sweet taste, palm sugar will also give a beautiful brownish color to the steamed sponge cake. The taste is also unique with a delicious caramel aroma and soft texture.
- 5 eggs
- 200 gr palm sugar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 200 gr flour
- 1 tsp cake emulsifier
- 150 gr melted margarine
- Salt and vanilla to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
How to make:
- Mix eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and cake emulsifier together until white expands about 8-10 minutes
- add in the flour, baking powder and vanilla mixture little by little while mixing on low speed.
- Then, pour the melted margarine, stir again until evenly distributed. Prepare a sponge cake that has been smeared with margarine.
- Pour the sponge cake batter into the pan, then, steam until cooked, about 45 minutes.
- voila! Ready to enjoy!