Who has never known the existence of a modern type of snack that is often called a dessert box. As the name suggests, a dessert box is a dessert (cake) in a food box. Unlike the usual dessert served on a plate, the dessert box can be eaten directly from its place.
Unfortunately, the sugar in today’s dessert boxes that are widely circulated in society today has a hidden existence called hidden sugar, so that consumers don’t realize that it turns out that they have consumed a lot of sugar.
Even dessert box now also consumed by the baby and toddler, so that we have to be more selective in choosing what kind of dessert box to consume. But no need to worry, you can still enjoy the dessert box in a different way by switching the regular sugar to palm sugar or coconut sugar.
Coconut sugar and palm sugar has lower glycemix index of 35 than regular sugar which is 65. So, you can still enjoy the sweet and delicious dessert box without worrying about insulin spikes or obesity.
Here’s Baby Food High Calorie Palm Sugar Dessert Box Recipe that you might want to try.
50 grams of mung beans = 173.5 kcal
100 grams of avocado = 160.1 kcal
300 ml of milk = 300 kcal
5 tablespoons of coconut milk: = 114.5 kcal
2 slices of white bread = 188 kcal
1 tablespoon cornstarch = 38.1 kcal
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (organic palm sugar)
Himalayan salt to taste.
Total Calories = 974.2
First layer (green bean puree)
- in a medium saucepan, boil the mung bean into boil and soft, drain the water.
- Put the drained mung beans into the blender
- Add 5 tablespoons of coconut milk and 1 teaspoon of palm sugar (as you prefer)
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
Second layer (bread)
- Prepare 2 slices of white bread
- Tear it into small pieces
Layer 3 (avocados dice)
- Prepare 100 grams of avocado
- slice the avocado into pieces (for babies 6-8 months should be mashed)
Fla Milk Syrup
- Put 300 ml of baby milk into the pan and bring into boil with low heat
- add in 2 tablespoons of palm sugar and Himalayan salt to taste.
- Stir until evenly
- When it boils, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch that has been dissolved in water before.
- Stir until it thickens. (If the texture is less thick, you can add more cornstarch)
- First layer: Put the mung bean puree in a cup
- add in the Fla syrup
- Second layer: arrange the torn white bread and add in again the fla syrup.
- Third Layer: Arrange the sliced avocado then pour it back with the Fla Syrup
- add some grated cheese on top for garnish
With this recipe you can get 3 cups of 200ml desert box. And can be consumed for 3 days if closed tightly and put in the refrigerator.